What are the attributes of an Ecoflo septic tank?
If you live in a rural or isolated region that isn’t served by a municipal sewer system, you have to install a septic tank to hold the wastewater coming from your home (cabin, house, residential building, etc.). But how do you choose a septic tank that will respond to all of your requirements and needs?
On the market, there are currently numerous models of septic tanks, made from various materials and boasting their own well-defined features and specifications. Consequently, it isn’t always easy to orient yourself. If you’re concerned about the environment, you may be wondering about the specifics of Ecoflo septic tanks. Here’s some information on the Ecoflo system to guide you when choosing your septic tank.
What’s an Ecoflo septic tank?
The Ecoflo system is actually a traditional septic tank with the addition of an Ecoflo biofilter and a leach field. This natural filter medium is composed of a compostable organic material based on sod and coconut fibers or coconut husks. The biofilter is installed inside a chamber made of concrete, fiberglass or polyethylene, depending on the nature of the soil it’s situated in.
How does the Ecoflo septic system work to treat wastewater?
The wastewater first flows into a traditional septic tank. The solid waste settles to the bottom of the tank, while the liquids flow into the Ecoflo biofilter. This biological filter, which is patented by the company Premier Tech Ltd., then acts as a physical barrier that retains and eliminates all of the pollutants from the wastewater. Finally, the treated water flows into the leach field, where it infiltrates the soil.
The advantages of the Ecoflo septic system
The Ecoflo septic system offers numerous benefits in the treatment of domestic wastewater from a variety of sources, including small businesses, schools, temporary worksites, office buildings, primary residences and second homes. The advantages of an Ecoflo septic tank include the following:
- It favors a healthy environment
- It has the smallest carbon footprint in the industry
- It’s easy to install
- It’s durable enough to last a lifetime
- It’s permanent, so it never has to be moved
- The filter media is guaranteed for 10 years
- The filter only needs to be changed every 10 to 15 years, depending on its condition
- The system is economical, as it functions autonomously without electricity or a pump
- It’s simple and compact (up to 50 percent smaller than other water treatment systems)
- It’s discreet enough to blend in with your landscaping
- There are no unpleasant odors
- It’s suitable for use in all types of soil
- It’s practical, with very few inconveniences
- It requires minimum maintenance and repairs
Source: Premier Tech Ltd.